New single "Finally Found You" available on iTunes.
Hey guys, Just wanted to let everyone know that Love Hope Strength foundation has been kind enough to set up booths at all of our Enrique and J-Lo shows this summer. Please be sure to at least come by to check out! You could help save the lives of these children! So if you are attending the shows, please stop by the Love Hope Strength table and GET ON THE LIST to become a marrow donor. All it takes is a cheek swab!!! You can also GET ON THE LIST online at www.lovehopestrength.org
A few more interesting facts you should know:
- Each year over 18,000 people in the United States alone will need a lifesaving marrow transplant and only 30% will have a match in their family. The remaining 70% of patients rely upon international marrow registries to locate their matches.
- Another interesting fact is that Hispanics make up only 10% of the national registry thus making it significantly harder to locate a potential match.
- Love Hope Strength has registered over 20,000 marrow donors with our partners at DKMS resulting in nearly 300 potentially lifesaving matches.
- Thousands of patients with blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma, sickle cell and other life-threatening diseases depend on marrow donors to find a match to save their life.
- Donation is no longer the painful process it once was, 85% of the time it is similar to giving blood plasma.
Thanks guys, and can't wait to see you on the road! - Enrique
WoW! This is truly amazing Enrique! thank you for sharing. I cannot donate because I'm not 18 yet.. :( But I will pass on the news to my mom...and we'll stop by the stands at the concert.. Los Angeles can't wait!!! <3
Love and hugs,
Great to know and new info to me on the pain in donation...my mom was recently saved witrh a bone marrow lifeline injection while coding in ambulence 2 weeks ago..different but still..our marrow is everything..and can heal so much and be the direct access...a possible first cure of aids through bone marrow is being talked to today at a conference...thanks Enrique and J/Lo.
Thanks for the info. It's good cause and a convenient way to get involved.
Thank you E i love you
That's a great initiative. Everyone should aply for it. I have done it in the past but I wasn't a match. To long story to tell. But I know that when I die I want to give my organs to the people that need it. For sure !
Wow Enrique, that`s amazing :) You are a so sensitive human being :D Thank you so much for that :D
I think that everybody should apply for it :)
Thanks again mi amor and I can`t wait to see you in concert here in Greece :D